Freakin incoherent rantings...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Chocolates is mingled with the National Excitement...


*Sigh* I’ll guess my anger has subsided for the moment so offensive posts and messages are down for the moment…

Ahh!!! I went to watch ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ today!!! Apparently, my sis has been whining about watching the topic for a god darn week which made me sort of wonders…

“Hey, she has never been the type eager to watch movies, always harping on stuff such as movie tickets are too expensive *blah blah* unless a great one really came up.”

So when she announced that she is going to watch ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, today, my reaction was… Can it be? (不会吧?) She is truly serious? Duh? Today was National Day, and tickets were priced at a ridiculous price of $9.50?!?! I had wanted to wait until the DVD’s or something was out before I grabbed my first copy at the cheapest stall.

Out of goodwill, I decided to accompany her and after promising that I would make the trip, I questioned her out of curiosity, “Why make the trip on National day? Isn’t it more expensive today?”

“Oh, I had a free ticket! Apparently, our school was selling it at $8 per ticket, but those in the Chocolate module get a free ticket!”



Free Ticket for suckers like her...


“What the?!?! How quaint… That means I’m a paying idiot lah!” *Bah*

But then I still since I’ve always like that book and reviewing childhood memories doesn’t seem such a bad notion to me all in all! I think I have read that book since I was in Primary two and in case any of you didn’t know, I have wondered since then why such a wonderful plot was not constructed into a movie since then. Aww… Thinking of it!!! A book about candy, how quaint! Sweets have always been the dream of all kids, haven’t they?

The movie was erm… nice? BUT the so called ‘Willy Wonka’ was in the wrong clothing your info, and he was supposed to have a goatee as well! Hey, he was supposed to be in a purple suit and bottom green pants if I have yet to remember wrongly since I last read that book around five years back. And the entire story structure seems too modernized for your info. The so called Oompa-Loompas are supposed to be in jungle-wear, not shiny costumes that make you look as though you are working in the space company except for the Television room!!! And they should all look different, not the same old boring faces!

If you think I’m muttering gibberish, then just forget the whole deal. But then, thinking back, maybe the Oompa-Loompas would have like some new fashion to spice up their taste since this movie was made in the new century, wouldn’t they?

*sigh* Maybe I’m focusing too much on the past, trying to review back the memories of what I have once seen. But then, overall, the structure of the story is great, with even a review of Willy Wonka’s life, something that is not jotted in the book.

Hey, I have just seen my post and I guess that since everyone of them are all so long, I’ll guess I cut down part of it to save you all the agony of reading through such long paragraphs. Yea, guess what, I won a poster today! I review the contents tomorrow… Tee Hee… Post off now!


Won this!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Nightfroze said…

    Aiyo... For this one you must read the book to understood most of the contents one lol. Mabye not a lot of ppl will understand it lah! It is like Harry Potter the book lol. You won't understand most of the contents unless you read the book. Hmm... If you just ask me to comment on the movie like that hor... I would say... It's boring?!? Without remishing what I've read from the book...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home