Freakin incoherent rantings...

Monday, December 26, 2005

Moments when life seem so fragile...


I was flipping through the Sunday Times in my bedroom yesterday after returning back from Christmas celebration. It was then that I seem to chance upon a young face while I was flippantly hogging through the pages. It turned out to be the obituary section and the young women I chanced upon had apparently lost her life in the tsuna
mi disaster which occurred last year. She was not the only one featured there, there were a few others as well; including a doctor who was said to died there which helping out with the rescue work…

Some were attached with teary poems on how much these individuals were missed. For a moment, I was lost in thought, wondering how others who had met with the same fate were doing now. There were those who had lost whole families, children left alone to face the world and whole villages wiped out all in one swift moment.

However, there were other comforting scenes which were showcase in the news, such as how these people had tried to put the past behind them and were starting their lives from scratch again. There were also those who were brought together by the disaster and found comfort and solace in the wake of painful memories.

Life can be such a funny thing, isn’t it? Something so fragile and yet so strong at the same time. Fragile being the fact that it can be lost in one swift moment and strong in the fact that humans always seem to pull through the worst ordeal no matter how bad things get. Maybe it was hope that helped such individuals pull through, or love as they say.

I’ll known people who had once existed in my life, but disappeared halfway through, never to exist in the inky depths of my memories again, nor that of others, for they had left to a different place unknown to us. I like to think that as a beautiful place. I have even known someone who had lost nearly all her mentality after a supposedly bad fall. The person was never the same again, once fun to be with and someone seemingly normal and yes, bright, she now seems to be an empty shell that possess limited brain capacity after the supposed accident.

On some occasions that seem to be occurring more often, I do wonder, could things have been different if this didn’t happen, would things have been better for me? Maybe nobody would ever know… I seriously hope that things would be a lot better in the upcoming year for those who have survived the tsunami.



Maybe things will improve, afterall, there is always hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home