Freakin incoherent rantings...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Yahoo!!!

Whew, I made it late for Java lab today, which is gonna land me in deep soup. Not that I’m not drowning deep enough. *ahem* Anyway, I reached class in a rather grouchy mood to find that Yu Yan aka fishball had already helped me to sign my attendance list. Wahahahahaaaaaaaa, that means I scraped through the attendance this time.

Anyway, I just found something that caught my interest BIG time!!! YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO!!! The auctions site! Woot! I always thought that $$$ would just pile up naturally when you stayed on the computer the whole day instead of peeking out. (Yea, money for food, pool, *blah blah* all need $$$ one leh?!?) Which is well… true… the money is gonna wash off you faster than a catfish when you finally discovered the auctions site. I wonder what really took me so long, but then, *tsk* I’m hot on the tracks now.

The first thing I really searched for out of boredom when I clicked on the auctions link by accident was the fragging book called Memoirs of a Geisha. Which then lead to a bigger hoard… the movie tickets… and then the DVD!!! The DVD only cost $7 pi sai dollars including postage!!! Yea, I know I can get it cheaper in Malaysia ei and that I should value copyrights by buying the tickets *blah blah* ShUsH! Who really cares when you can watch the stuff over and over and over and over again in the comfort of your house with trazillions packets of snacks in front of a 37-inch TV? Like duh?

So now, I’m busy searching for nonsense that I might not need but might like to “try”… Talking of auctions, do you know that my bidding is actually horned to the optimum stage ever since sec 2? Like practice over thousands of items, with a trained timing?


WHAT?!?! YOU SPLURGE YOUR MONEY ON AUCTIONS SINCE THAT AGE?!?!

You might ask indignantly. Nah! Let me introduce you to the very place to horn your talents! Neopets auctions!!! The very place very competition is at its peak and only the Crème de Crepe manage to shine among the hundreds vying for one item. An item that might save you a few hundred thousands if you are lucky enough; or well, few thousands, anything to save you from paying the normal rates anyone might consider exorbitant.

I started Neopets now termed by everyone as childish in Sec one, with a 56k modem =.= Don’t ask, that time was horrendous, with the connection getting cut off every random second. Especially in auctions, where the fastest player get off the hook with their ultra-ultra fast connection and their exceptionally high refreshing rates to check the bids every second. Thus, I started off in the school lab until eventually, the teachers realized that even the AV students managing the school lab was playing neopets while assigning us seats in the lab. Supposedly the lab was accessible for all students to do their project work, but apparently, 50 of us squashed ourselves into the miniature lab to play the ‘wave’ that was spreading throughout the school. (I know it sounds stupid, it does, even to me now)

There, we started our teeny inchy weensy fight between our pets with bubble guns and snowballs. (It sounds even lamer here, but never mind…) Even primary school kids picked up the wave and my sis’s primary school teacher, with a Sir name of Chia owns a Chia. (Sounds normal, but he around 58 -.-, so shut it)



Oh mine?!?! A Chia?!?!

Oh yea, it was that bad, until teachers decided to start banning these sites in the school lab, even the libraries. So heck, all these passed and in fact, as time passes, we were finally granted high speed connection when poor dad finally lands up with around $200 of phone bills in one month considering we managed to get like 3 WebPages per minute? Minus the number of times it took to reconnect? Dad phoned up Singtel and start yelling something along the lines of ‘daylight robbery’ and the underpaid receptionist no doubt having dinner waved that off as normal and started something like this speech

“Cheap reception all like that one, reasonable one, you choose one mah? But then hor, we got one plan sibei fast pay pay around $60 you sure dun complain like a …”

*phone slams down at the other end*


And then dad was one of the first few starting on Starhub just to spite Singtel although Singtel’s rate were indeed cheaper. *tsk tsk* And you dare say adults don’t behave like kids?

Erm… Wait, where am I getting to? Yea, auctions, it was fun… Lol, blogging again when I’m free!!! Getting more cheerful now. Singaporeans still dig red underwear… Eww… some other day…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home